Thursday 7 November 2013

Music Genres - By Ruby and Amie

"I just know that I'm a fan of all different kind of genres. You're supposed to be free doing music, and that's how I feel" Bruno Mars




 
"I think my music generally transcends a lot of genres" Mika

What genres are you interested in and why?
I am interested in R&B/Soul and pop.
My favourite artist from the R&B genre is The Weeknd, his voice is easily recognisable and his sound is different from other artists. His album 'Trilogy' is made up from his three mix tapes, this sound is very different from his latest album 'Kiss Land'. I found his first album created and relaxing and chilled atmosphere which was different from the pop I listen to of which has a more happy feel which you can dance to. The new album is much more upbeat and it is clear to see that he has experimented with more 'out there' sound to create something interesting and different. Other members of this genre that I frequently listen to are Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Beyonce and Chris Brown.
Artists from the pop genre that I enjoy are Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga. I enjoy this music as it is highly influenced and endorsed on the charts and by the majority of people my age. The people I listen to from the R&B genre also cross into the pop genre and they also often feature in the charts. I have grown up listening to chart music and it has carried on with my taste but my taste has also expanded into different genres. A positive with pop is that there are different songs; some of which are slow and some of which are fast, this means that the genre can cater to my mood.

Who does the genres your interested in typically appeal to?
According to UK Tribes, R&B typically appeals to those who come under the urban genre especially the Blingers (have a strong influence from celebrities and love getting attention from their latest look, They listen to US party genres such as hip-hop and R'n'B) and the Trackies (generally made up of middle class youths who are passionate about music and enjoy listening to US hip-hop and R'n'B). 

"There's many different genres and when you see R&B and pop and house as well as electronic, come together, that's the reality of what music is" David Guetta
 
The genre our music video is:








No comments:

Post a Comment